Articles on this Page
- 04/13/16--18:49: _Holden’s Writers Club
- 04/14/16--10:42: _Mark Your Calendar
- 04/16/16--06:30: _Girls On the Run
- 04/17/16--16:15: _Holden Garden Club
- 05/09/16--11:38: _Six District Family...
- 06/13/16--08:04: _School Supply List ...
- 09/10/14--20:27: _Campbell Labels, Bo...
- 08/01/16--11:44: _Student Fees for 20...
- 08/01/16--18:01: _Six Day Rotation Sc...
- 09/11/16--17:57: _PTO Fundraiser
- 10/07/16--08:03: _Hurricane Relief Do...
- 11/07/16--11:02: _Citizens Taking Action
- 11/29/16--11:03: _Learning in Action
- 11/30/16--14:54: _Holden Parent Survey
- 02/23/17--10:56: _GOTR
- 03/14/17--18:41: _State Testing Schedule
- 03/15/17--18:59: _Expo Night
- 04/10/17--18:56: _Vote for Holden
- 04/23/17--17:37: _Haymaker Farmers’ M...
- 05/06/17--08:10: _Right to Read Week
- 04/13/16--18:49: Holden’s Writers Club
- 04/14/16--10:42: Mark Your Calendar
- 04/16/16--06:30: Girls On the Run
- 04/17/16--16:15: Holden Garden Club
- 05/09/16--11:38: Six District Family Fun Day
- 06/13/16--08:04: School Supply List 2016-2017
- 09/10/14--20:27: Campbell Labels, Box Tops, and Acme Receipts
- 08/01/16--11:44: Student Fees for 2016-2017 School Year
- 08/01/16--18:01: Six Day Rotation Schedule
- 09/11/16--17:57: PTO Fundraiser
- 10/07/16--08:03: Hurricane Relief Donations
- 11/07/16--11:02: Citizens Taking Action
- 11/29/16--11:03: Learning in Action
- 11/30/16--14:54: Holden Parent Survey
- 02/23/17--10:56: GOTR
- 03/14/17--18:41: State Testing Schedule
- 03/15/17--18:59: Expo Night
- 04/10/17--18:56: Vote for Holden
- 04/23/17--17:37: Haymaker Farmers’ Market
- 05/06/17--08:10: Right to Read Week
This year, the Holden School Writer’s Club again collaborated with Kent State’s Wick Poetry Center for an exciting project. Each year, the club focuses on a theme for writing. This year’s theme was “place.” Writers gathered after school on Thursdays, heard a model poem, and responded while thinking about their own favorite places, their families, … Continue reading Holden’s Writers Club
April 21 – Kindergarten Registration 7:00 April 22 – Kindergarten Field Trip to Kent Free Library April 25 – Interims Go Home May 2-6 – Teacher Appreciation Week May 3 – Garden Club Meeting 3:30 May 5 – 4th Grade Field Trip to Cuyahoga National Park May 9 – 3rd Grade Field Trip to Cleveland … Continue reading Mark Your Calendar
Holden is proud and excited to have two Girls on the Run Teams this year! Twenty-six third, fourth and fifth grade girls are practicing how to be joyful, healthy and confident through fun experiences that creatively integrate running. This year’s season will culminate with a community project and the girls running a 5K at Akron’s … Continue reading Girls On the Run
The garden season is here at Holden. The kindergartners planted some “surprises” with fifth grade helpers and are anxiously waiting for some sprouts to observe. All the other grade levels have planted an assortment of plants and have been observing the different lengths of growth depending on the plant. Mr. Wollam’s class has been ambitious … Continue reading Holden Garden Club
When: May 22, 2016 1:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M. Where: Cuyahoga Falls High School 2300 4th Street Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44221 Come join us for a day of fun and games at Cuyahoga Falls High School hosted by the students from Sixth District Criminal Justice! This is our first annual family fun day. There will … Continue reading Six District Family Fun Day
Holden 2016-2017 School Supply List
Once again HSA will be collecting Campbell labels, Box Tops, and Acme receipts. Holden School receives money back from the Box Tops and Acme receipts. In order to receive money from the Acme receipts we must reach a specific amount on the receipts. The receipts that have community cash back on the bottom can be … Continue reading Campbell Labels, Box Tops, and Acme Receipts
Listed below are the student fees for the 2016-2017 school year. Kindergarten – $23.00 1st Grade – $8.25 2nd Grade – $8.25 3rd Grade – $8.25 4th Grade – $14.50 5th Grade – $11.00
Below you will find the specials schedule for the 2016-2017 school year. The following teachers will be our Specials Teachers for this year. PE – Mr. Bates and Mrs. Lynn Art – Mrs. Ditsch Music – Mrs. Pansmith Library – Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Simmons Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 PE Art … Continue reading Six Day Rotation Schedule
In order to raise money for Holden Elementary we usher Kent State Football and Basketball Games. This is our only fundraiser and we raise between $12,000-$13,000. We need your help. Please click on the link below to sign up. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e45afae2aaafd0-kent7
We have designated the white board in our lobby area for “Citizens Taking Action”. Staff and students have started posted examples. Please feel free to have your child bring examples in of “Citizens Taking Action”. [See image gallery at www.kentschools.net]
The students at Holden are applying their learning to real world experiences. It is our job to create the risk-takers and innovators of the future. Their job is to question, observe and provide evidence of their thinking. Students must be learning these critical skills that can be applied to any occupation they take on in … Continue reading Learning in Action
Please click on the link below to take a short parent survey. Thank you for your time and responses. https://goo.gl/forms/JFM9IZ3OcvCmlZN92
It is time for Girls on the Run registration. The registration will close on Sunday, February 26th. The season will the week of March 6, 2017. Practices will be held twice a week and run for 10 weeks. You will need to choose between two teams. Either the Monday/Wednesday team or the Tuesday/Thursday team. The … Continue reading GOTR
All Tests Begin at 9:30 Wednesday, March 15 – 4th Grade ELA Testing Thursday, March 16 – 4th Grade ELA Testing Monday, March 20 – 3rd Grade ELA Testing Tuesday, March 21 – 3rd Grade ELA Testing Wednesday, March 22 – 5th Grade ELA Testing Thursday, March 23 – 5th Grade ELA Testing Tuesday, April … Continue reading State Testing Schedule
Just a reminder that the art and music expo has been rescheduled for tomorrow night, March 16th. The event will begin at 6:30. Music performance will be in the gym, K and 2 at 6:40 and 1 and 3 at 7:20. There is artwork displayed throughout the hallways. The book fair will be open … Continue reading Expo Night
Holden Elementary has been nominated for the Fox 8 Cool School of the Week. Please click on the link below to vote for Holden and pass it on to family and friends. Thank you!! Vote now: Cool Schools!
Master Gardeners will return to the Haymaker Farmers’ Market on May 20th to give information to Holden Families about the planting and care of various garden vegetable plants . Container and bedding tomato and pepper plants (plus a few surprises) will be given to participants 9-1 P.M. at the Master Gardener table.
Dear Parents, Next week, May 8th– 12th, Holden Elementary School will celebrate Right to Read Week. We have many fun and exciting activities planned, as well as, lots of time to READ, READ, and READ. Listed below are some of the activities that will take place throughout the week. Please contact the school if you … Continue reading Right to Read Week