- RSS Channel Showcase 9941977
- RSS Channel Showcase 6571198
- RSS Channel Showcase 7199953
- RSS Channel Showcase 9925254
Articles on this Page
- 11/29/16--11:03: _Learning in Action
- 08/01/17--08:33: _Ushering Kent State...
- 08/06/18--10:30: _2018-2019 Supply List
- 08/12/18--07:47: _New Student Passwords
- 01/07/16--07:43: _Holden PTO on Faceb...
- 08/01/16--18:01: _Six Day Rotation Sc...
- 09/09/18--18:53: _Ushering Update
- 09/10/18--20:27: _Box Tops and Acme R...
- 10/07/18--19:27: _Thank You Ushers
- 10/25/18--19:43: _Parent Broadcast Sy...
- 11/11/18--11:28: _Week of November 12th
- 11/13/18--20:01: _Thank You Volunteers
- 11/18/18--16:54: _Happy Thanksgiving ...
- 11/25/18--15:09: _Week of November 26
- 11/25/18--18:52: _October Holden Scho...
- 12/03/18--16:26: _Weekly Update (12/3...
- 12/10/18--19:30: _Week of December 10
- 11/29/16--11:03: Learning in Action
- 08/01/17--08:33: Ushering Kent State Football Games
- 08/06/18--10:30: 2018-2019 Supply List
- 08/12/18--07:47: New Student Passwords
- 01/07/16--07:43: Holden PTO on Facebook and Twitter
- 08/01/16--18:01: Six Day Rotation Schedule
- 09/09/18--18:53: Ushering Update
- 09/10/18--20:27: Box Tops and Acme Receipts
- 10/07/18--19:27: Thank You Ushers
- 10/25/18--19:43: Parent Broadcast System
- 11/11/18--11:28: Week of November 12th
- 11/13/18--20:01: Thank You Volunteers
- 11/18/18--16:54: Happy Thanksgiving Week!!
- 11/25/18--15:09: Week of November 26
- 11/25/18--18:52: October Holden Scholars of the Month
- 12/03/18--16:26: Weekly Update (12/3/18)
- 12/10/18--19:30: Week of December 10
The students at Holden are applying their learning to real world experiences. It is our job to create the risk-takers and innovators of the future. Their job is to question, observe and provide evidence of their thinking. Students must be learning these critical skills that can be applied to any occupation they take on in … Continue reading Learning in Action
We are in need of ushers for Kent State Football Games to help raise money for the students at Holden Elementary. Ushering football games allows us to earn approximately $4,000. Please sign up for the next upcoming game. Children can also attend the game for free. Please click on the link below to sign up. … Continue reading Ushering Kent State Football Games
Click on the link below to get the supply list for grades K-5. SUPPLY LIST 2018-19
On June 1, 2018, we changed all student passwords. We sent out an email to ALL STUDENTS on May 14 and an email broadcast to ALL PARENTS on June 7: This is to inform you ALL that student passwords will be updated the first week of June 2018, for security reasons. Prior to June 2018 – All students use their Student# and PINPIN … Continue reading New Student Passwords
Please remember that you can follow Holden PTO on Facebook and Twitter. It is another way to get updates on what is happening at Holden. Twitter Facebook
Below you will find the specials schedule for the 2016-2017 school year. The following teachers will be our Specials Teachers for this year. PE – Mr. Bates and Mrs. Lynn Art – Mrs. Ditsch Music – Mrs. Pansmith Library – Mr. Sanders and Mrs. Simmons Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 PE Art … Continue reading Six Day Rotation Schedule
Saturday was our first Kent State football game we ushered. It was wet but the Flashes pulled it off. This year we will be awarding the top three classrooms for ushering volunteers with a pizza party. Right now the top three rooms are Longanecker, Wollam, Sweigart, and Yeager. I would also like to thank the … Continue reading Ushering Update
Once again we will be collecting Box Tops, and Acme receipts. Holden School receives money back from the Box Tops and Acme receipts. In order to receive money from the Acme receipts we must reach a specific amount on the receipts. The receipts that have community cash back on the bottom can be turned in … Continue reading Box Tops and Acme Receipts
We have completed 2 football games and we have three to go. I would like to thank the following people for helping out. (* (2) means that the parent has done both games) Mrs. Weitzel Amy Zenner Stacia and Mike Kaschak Shawn Bates (2) Chris Dunfee (2) David Simmons (2) Jessica Dunfee Lynda Barnett Naveem … Continue reading Thank You Ushers
Would you like to receive updates from Kent City Schools, through texts or phone calls? Confirm/Update your contact information Parent Broadcast System. You can sign-up for text messaging from One Call Now by texting the word “alert” to 22300, as long as your cell phone number is already in the One Call Now database. To add your … Continue reading Parent Broadcast System
Students only have six more days of school until Thanksgiving Break. There last day will be Monday, November 19, 2018. There are parent/teacher conferences scheduled during the school day on Tuesday, November 20 (students will not be at school). This is a very busy week for our ushering contract with Kent State. We have Kent … Continue reading Week of November 12th
I can’t thank our volunteers enough for all their help with ushering and the Halloween Gala. The Gala was a big hit again this year. Each year HSA is able to put on different events like the Halloween Gala, Movie Night, and free books from book fair at no additional cost to families. Most other … Continue reading Thank You Volunteers
Monday, November 19 – Students have school. Tuesday, November 20 – No school for students. Parent/Teacher Conferences 8-3:30. Wednesday,November 21 – Friday, November 23 – No School Monday, November 26 – School Back in session. A big thank you to all the volunteers this week. We had four games. Football Melissa Koher Mrs. Weitzel Wendy … Continue reading Happy Thanksgiving Week!!
I hope everyone had a relaxing Thanksgiving Break. We have four weeks left until the end of the second nine weeks. This week there isn’t much going on but we do have picture retakes on Wednesday, November 28th. I would also like to thank the following parents for ushering the football and basketball games over … Continue reading Week of November 26
I would also like to congratulate the following students for being recognized as Holden Scholars for the month of October. Students we selected for demonstrating the following characteristics; inquiry, risk taking, problem solving, collaborating, communicating,and questioning, Cara Haynes Declan Phelps Claire Gilliland Marley Holmes Kira McKinney Shanar A-Dohuki Kevin Li Maggie Pazderak Fatimah Abudalbouh June … Continue reading October Holden Scholars of the Month
**** Please note that we will be going outside for recess when the temperature is 20 degrees or higher (with the wind chill). Please dress your child for the weather. Students will NOT be allowed off the blacktop to play in the snow unless they have boots and snow pants. This is to prevent students … Continue reading Weekly Update (12/3/18)
Thank you to the following parents and teachers that helped volunteer at the Kent State Basketball game on Saturday. Amy Zenner Mark and Eliza Bruner Chris Rotondo Craig and Erica Peeps Yan Li Keith and Sara Ciolek Madeline Dunaway I would also like to thank Mrs. Pansmith and the 5th grade choir for singing the … Continue reading Week of December 10