Articles on this Page
- 09/10/14--20:27: _Campbell Labels, Bo...
- 08/18/15--17:59: _Tardy Policy
- 08/18/15--18:01: _2015-2016 Schedule
- 08/18/15--18:01: _Six Day Rotation Sc...
- 08/19/15--11:42: _Community Resources
- 08/21/15--11:44: _Student Fees for 20...
- 09/08/15--16:41: _Holden Fundraiser
- 10/11/15--17:58: _Mark Your Calendar
- 10/19/15--13:40: _Fall Book Fair Sche...
- 11/14/15--04:58: _Ski Club at Holden
- 11/17/15--18:08: _Reminders….
- 11/18/15--18:08: _Hour of Code for gr...
- 12/16/15--17:34: _Reminders…
- 01/07/16--07:33: _Outdoor Recess
- 01/07/16--07:34: _Tardiness
- 01/07/16--07:35: _Ushers Needed
- 01/07/16--07:36: _Mark Your Calendar
- 01/07/16--07:43: _Holden PTO on Faceb...
- 01/31/16--07:32: _Honor Roll for 2nd ...
- 01/31/16--07:37: _Black History Month...
- 09/10/14--20:27: Campbell Labels, Box Tops, and Acme Receipts
- 08/18/15--17:59: Tardy Policy
- 08/18/15--18:01: 2015-2016 Schedule
- 08/18/15--18:01: Six Day Rotation Schedule
- 08/19/15--11:42: Community Resources
- 08/21/15--11:44: Student Fees for 2015-2016 School Year
- 09/08/15--16:41: Holden Fundraiser
- 10/11/15--17:58: Mark Your Calendar
- 10/19/15--13:40: Fall Book Fair Schedule
- 11/14/15--04:58: Ski Club at Holden
- 11/17/15--18:08: Reminders….
- 11/18/15--18:08: Hour of Code for grades 3 and up on Saturday, Dec. 12 @11am
- 12/16/15--17:34: Reminders…
- 01/07/16--07:33: Outdoor Recess
- 01/07/16--07:34: Tardiness
- 01/07/16--07:35: Ushers Needed
- 01/07/16--07:36: Mark Your Calendar
- 01/07/16--07:43: Holden PTO on Facebook and Twitter
- 01/31/16--07:32: Honor Roll for 2nd Grading Period
- 01/31/16--07:37: Black History Month Nominations
Once again HSA will be collecting Campbell labels, Box Tops, and Acme receipts. Holden School receives money back from the Box Tops and Acme receipts. In order to receive money from the Acme receipts we must reach a specific amount on the receipts. The receipts that have community cash back on the bottom can be … Continue reading Campbell Labels, Box Tops, and Acme Receipts
Attendance to school is very important. This includes students arriving to school on time and ready to learn. When students arrive late to school they miss out on learning and are disrupting the class when entering the classroom late. Students are considered to tardy if they arrive to school after 8:40 a.m. Listed below is … Continue reading Tardy Policy
8:10 – Safety Patrol on Duty 8:15 – Staff member is on duty to supervise students. Students should not be arriving to school before 8:15. 8:25 – Students Enter Building for Breakfast (Breakfast in Classrooms) 8:30 – Bell Rings for Students to go to Classroom 8:40 – Morning Announcements and Classes Begin 11:00 – 11:25 … Continue reading 2015-2016 Schedule
Below you will find the specials schedule for the 2015-2016 school year. The following teachers will be our Specials Teachers for this year. PE – Mr. Bates and Mrs. Vasbinder Art – Mrs. Ditsch Music – Mrs. Pansmith Library – Miss O’Saben and Mrs. Simmons Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5 Day 6 Library … Continue reading Six Day Rotation Schedule
Hello Holden Families! We have two exciting opportunities that students will be able to participate in the community. The first is an ADHD social skills groups being offered to our students who range in ages from 7-10 at Kent State University. Please see the flyer below for more details and contact information. Second, is Kelly’s … Continue reading Community Resources
Listed below are the student fees for the 2015-2016 school year. Kindergarten – $23.00 1st Grade – $8.00 2nd Grade – $22.25 3rd Grade – $22.25 4th Grade – $15.50 5th Grade – $11.50
Holden has a unique opportunity to raise money without selling items that people don’t want to spend money on or that are over priced. Each year we get to usher Kent State Football and Basketball games. This fundraiser raises between $12,000 and $14,000 each year. Below you will find links to sign up for the … Continue reading Holden Fundraiser
Friday, October 16th – End of First Grading Period and Early Release @ 1:00 Wednesday, October 21st – 23rd – Fall Book Fair Thursday, October 22nd – Community Outreach Evening 6:30 – 8:00 (Book Fair will be open) Friday, October 23rd – Report Cards Go Home Saturday, October 24th – Kent State Football Game … Continue reading Mark Your Calendar
Below is the book fair schedule for October 21-23. Wednesday, October 21 9:00 – Stronz 9:40- Louis 10:20 – Kunkle 11:00 – Yehle 1:00 – Yeager 1:40 – Wollam Thursday, October 22 9:00 – Metz 10:20 – Hopkins 11:00 – Longanecker 6:30pm – 8:00 pm Open During Community Outreach Friday, October 23 9:00 – Bates … Continue reading Fall Book Fair Schedule
Please click on the link below to find out how to join ski club. The ski time for this school year is Saturday morning from 10:00-2:00. Registration due date is November 21st. Ski Club
1. Our canned food drive will be ending this week. Our goal is to bring in 500 items. We are about half way to our goal. Please send in all your items by Friday. 2. Holiday Shop – We are still collecting items for the Holiday Shop that will be taking place on Thursday, December … Continue reading Reminders….
The Hour of Code is a worldwide one-hour introduction to computer programming, designed to demystify code and show that anybody can do it! Popular games such as Minecraft and Angry Birds are all written with code. Kent Girl Coders and HacKSU will be hosting an “Hour of Code” event for grades 3 and up on … Continue reading Hour of Code for grades 3 and up on Saturday, Dec. 12 @11am
Just a few reminders about the next two days. Writers Club has been canceled for tomorrow, Thursday, December 17th. Friday, December 18th Schedule 9:00 – 5th grade against staff basketball game 10:15 – Classroom Holiday Parties 1:00 Early Release for Students End of 2nd Grading Period I hope everyone enjoys the next two weeks with … Continue reading Reminders…
Just a reminder that students will be participating in outdoor recess activities as long as the temperature is 20 degrees and above with the wind chill factored in. Please make sure your child is dressed for the weather. We do have some extra gloves and hats in the office if your child needs them. Students … Continue reading Outdoor Recess
Each morning students are dismissed to the classroom at 8:30 and the school day begins at 8:40. During the first nine week period we had 74 tardies and we nearly doubled that during the second nine week period (144). Our instructional time is valuable and having students arrive late to school interrupts school and students … Continue reading Tardiness
We still need ushers to finish the Kent State Basketball Games. The dates are listed below. If you are able to usher one of the games please call our office, send in a note, or email Todd Poole (firstname.lastname@example.org) Tuesday, January 12th – 5:00 pm Saturday, January 16th – 5:00 pm Tuesday, January 26th – … Continue reading Ushers Needed
Friday, January 8 – Ushers Needed for Kent State Basketball Game – 4:30 pm Monday, January 11 – Report Cards Go Home Tuesday, January 12 – 7:00 Board of Education Meeting at Holden / Ushers Needed for Kent State Basketball Game Friday, January 15 – Mobile Dentist Saturday, January 16 – Ushers Needed for Kent … Continue reading Mark Your Calendar
Please remember that you can follow Holden PTO on Facebook and Twitter. It is another way to get updates on what is happening at Holden. Twitter Facebook
Congratulations to the students listed below for earning the honor roll during the second grading period. High Honor Roll Elisha Thornton, Isabella Pritchard, Ryleigh Balan, Evan May, John McKinney, Sophia Lovinski, Lila Secaur, Jasper Peshak, Anna Zyrianova, Mason Lewis, Sapphire Menteer, Shomok Basu, Marcus Boyd, Ian Burkey, Aziza Gafurbekov, Ella Hassler, Cassie Holman, Wil Mahon, Gwen McKibben, Logan Poole, Peyton Singer, Owen Snellenberger, Naomi St. Clair, Sloane Crookston, Khalil Faiz, Leah Mercer, Greta Uhrig, Garvey Cline, Julia DiDona, Cassidy Singer, Addison Vintson, and Brenna Vodila Honor … Continue reading Honor Roll for 2nd Grading Period
We are planning on constructing a timeline in our lobby of African-Americans that inspire our students. Below you will find nomination forms that students can complete and hand in to their teacher. The nominations may be selected to be read on the announcements in the morning. Grades K-1 Nomination Form Grades 2-5 Nomination Form … Continue reading Black History Month Nominations